Financial Aid Office
Gert Sibande TVET College has a dedicated Financial Aid Office at the college’s Head Office. The office is responsible for the management and administration of all financial aid and all bursary related matters of the College. NSFAS has introduced a centralized ONLINE Application System for Bursaries and all Students will have to Apply Online.
Applicants must have cell-number and Email address Certified copy of Applicant ID, consent form, proof of income and academic results – must be scanned separately • Certified Parents ID’s/Guardian/Death Certificate – Scanned together. • Ensure that you have a bank account that is in your name • Create a NSFAS Account
Applying for a Bursary (NSFAS) Student Rights.
Students have the right to, amongst others: • Access NSFAS/DHET eligibility criteria to qualify for a bursary • Access information, procedures and deadlines for submitting application forms or other • required documents in support of their application. • Knowledge of why their application has been disapproved. • Appeal the decision of NSFAS/ Financial Aid Committee
Responsibilities of the Bursary Applicant
- Make sure that all the required supporting documents are attached to your NSFAS Bursary
- Application form / scanned and sent through with your online bursary application.
- All the necessary documents should be certified by the Commissioner of Oath.
- Active banking details should be uploaded to the NSFAS student account since students’ allowances will be paid by NSFAS directly to the student’s accounts
- Check the progress of the application process with the Student Support Services Centre & the Office of the SRC at the campus level, and attend classes and perform well academically
Important Information & Documentation Required.
To be deemed acceptable for processing, a student’s application must have the following:
- Valid Affidavit by Parent or Legal Guardian or Employer
- Certified Copy of the SA ID (not older than 3 months)
- Certified ID Copies of Parents or Legal Guardian
- Salary Advice (Pay Slip) of Parents or Legal Guardian (not older than 3 months) • Academic Records from previous levels
- Applicant home address, postal address and address while studying
- Death Certificates if Parent(s) or Guardian(s) are deceased and Marriage Certificate (if applicable)