The buildings on site were officially opened on the 12th of September 1957 as “ Laerskool Perdekop” which offered grade 1 up to grade 7 classes. Due to economic and social changes in the area the school was closed in 1990 / 1991. In January 1993 Perdekop Agricultural Secondary School was established and opened on the request made by concerned farmers.
Mr. David Mabuza, by that time the premier of Mpumalanga announced in his provincial parliament that the school must be changed into a college. That happened in 2013. Gert Sibande TVET College got involved with these negotiations and in January 2016 the doors of Gert Sibande TVET College – Perdekop Campus officially opened with the registration of 150 Level 2 students.
The Campus started with the Primary Agriculture and Office Administration programmes. Currently these programmes are offered up to level 4. The N4 Management Assistant programme was introduced as from January 2019.