Financial Aid

SPONSORS Student’s eligibility criteria
  • NSFAS (Compulsory for each student to apply)
  • External Sponsors e.g. W&R Seta, MQA, P Seta etc.
  • Must be a South African citizen.
  • Must be registered for PLP, NCV or Report 191 programme.
  • Must be in need of financial assistance.
  • NSFAS will determine whether or not a student meets the financial eligibility.
  • Returning students will be funded only if they are academically deserving in line with the college progression policy.
  • Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state funded.
  • Should not exceed the threshold of up to R350 000 per annum family gross combined.
  • For disabled students, the threshold is up to R600 000 per annum family gross combined.
Awarding bursaries to students Awarding of allowances
  • Students may be awarded bursaries up to a maximum of four years for completion of the NCV programme.
  • Switching of programmes i.e. from NCV to Repot 191 during the course of study is not eligible for financial assistance.
  • Bursary recipients who complete NCV/Report 191 are not eligible for funding, should they enrol for the same programme.
  • NCV level 4 students are permitted for an additional 2years should they wish to enrol for Report 191.
  • A student who was repeating a level or doing 1, 2 or 3 subjects previous year should start afresh and apply.
  • An allowance must not be perceived as an entitlement, but rather as a means of support.
  • Students must only be awarded one type of allowance; e.g. accommodation or travel + personal care.
  • NSFAS & the college should not disburse allowances to students who do not meet the minimum of 80% class attendance.
  • Proof of residential address must be submitted as part of the supporting documents for an allowance application​​​​​​
Disability support Supporting documents for NSFAS application
  • Students with disability are funded according to the programme cost used for all students.
  • Additional amount from DHET must be used to purchase assistive devices and learning materials.
  • NSFAS will assist with tuition fees and allowances for these students.
  • Applicant’s ID copy/unabridged birth certificate.
  • Parent’s/Guardian’s ID copy.
  • Pay advice/payslip if parents/Guardian are employed.
  • If either parents is deceased, provide a copy of a death certificate.
  • If disabled, please complete the relevant documents as a disability form and provide proof from the doctor.
  • If you are an orphan, complete an orphan form and it must be signed by the social worker confirming
  • ALLOWANCES - (All docs must be certified)​​​​​​
Accommodation: Travel
  • Applicant’s Id copy
  • Landlords Id copy
  • Lease agreement
  • Proof of address while studying
  • Proof of  home address
  • Applicant’s Id copy
  • Proof of address while studying